3 Bedrooms Apartment – Hillview
In this “Interior Design” series, we will be bringing you the design journey of different project done through the years. In general, we will present the facts and requirements of the home owners, the design challenge as imposed by the original layout, and the final design outcome.
Project Location: Hillview Avenue
Clients Profile: Newly wed young couple, living together with a pet dog.
Design wants: Concerned with the dimly-lit kitchen and condition of the place. Looking for a minimal Scandinavian design theme.
Here is the original layout of the apartment.
1) Dark kitchen
2) Long corridor = wasted space
3) Cross ventilation across living space
4) To utilise bedroom 2 as walk-in wardrobe, but able to accommodate guest when necessary
5) Bedroom 3 to be a study room
During the first site visit:
Onto the drawing board.
1) The first intent is to reconfigure the kitchen/utility/yard space, to allow more natural daylight into the space.
2) To maximise the large area spatial feel, the study room is to have visual connection with its adjacent spaces.
3) Zoning of privacy spaces is thus achieved via the progression into the unit.
4) Lastly, minimal physical connection is provided for the master bedroom the walk-in wardrobe, so to allow the latter to be used as a guest room as well.
Here are some of the initial design proposal with 3D visuals.
And here is the final outcome of the 3 Bedroom Apartment.
Project completed in July2016.
Book an appointment with us today and our Interior Designers will be able to assist you with a FREE non-obligatory discussion.